THOZHI - A police wing to help pOCSO victims
It empower womens police personnel to render counselting to victims in POCSO lases
AIR QUALITY INDEX - chennai city is in the red zone
- Air quality mornitoring station have recorded over 300 microgram per cubic meter PM 2.5 levels
Maternal death rate decline - India
130 per 1lakh 122 per 1lak MMR live birth live birth
- The decline is important for India as 11 state have achieved the National Health policy target of MMR 100 per lakh live birth well ahead of 2020.
- Focus on quality and coverage of health services through public inititiatives under the National Health Mision such as LaQshya Poshan Abhiyan, Poshan Abhiyan,Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan, janani Shishu Surakasha Karyakram, Janani Suraksha Yojana and Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana have contribute to this decline.
- The WHO had last year lauded Indaia"s progress in reducing the MMR saying the progress puts the country on tracks towards achieving th e Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) target of an MMR below 70 by 2030.
- TAMILNADU = Sample Registration System (SRS) date on the maternal mortality ratio has put Tamil nadu at 63
- Tamil Nadu remains in the third postion in the country only behined kerala (42)mharashtra (55)2015-17MMR read as the number of maternal deaths per 1,00,000 live birth all-india figure of 122
- Between 2011 and 2013 and 2014 and 2016 the state MMR had fallen from 70 to 66 drop of 16%.
- The target is to be bring MMR down to 25 by 2023.
STATE MMR /1,00,000 live birth
- Kerala 42
- Maharashtra 55
- Tamil Nadu 63